Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Conversations about the pre-85 rule

I have had a couple of nice conversations over the last few days about the "pre 85" rule. I realize not everyone has an old bike laying around. Not everyone can be Christopher Brown and show up on a late 19th century gem. The spirit of this ride is to dig a little deeper, try a little harder and maybe find some simple pleasure of cycling that sometimes gets buried beneath the latest wheel size of the month and layers of carbon fiber, a time that we rode steel, wore wool, and sat on leather saddles.

I'm not the fun police, I'm not gonna be checking serial numbers of your steed. Have a 90s lugged Rivendale? Ride it. Or maybe one of these modern wonder Eroica bikes? Bring it on. I'm looking for down tube shifters, leather saddles, mustache bars, chrome and colorful paint. Let's have some fun!

Here is a modern bike that captures the right spirit
Bianchi Eroica


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment